You must have heard that Affiliate Marketing is a great way to make money online. However, even after reading a lot of content online, you might still not have a clear-cut idea of how to do it. Worry not! There are so many courses online that you can sign up to learn about Affiliate Marketing.
Table of Contents
Why take an online course?
Truth be told, there is enough information available for free on the internet. You can learn from A to Z with all the free blogs and YouTube. However, the biggest problem with these kinds of information is that it is scattered and too much.
We struggle to decide which information to digest and which to apply. It is much easier to process and execute something taught in a step by step fashion. This is where online courses come to our rescue. They give us information in a coherent way which is easy to process.
There are many options when it comes to online courses. You can choose between a free or paid course. On some platforms, it is free to audit the course and you only have to pay for the certificate (if you want it). Which platform and course you choose boils down to what you want to do with the course.
We will be discussing the top online courses to learn affiliate marketing to help you get started with your Affiliate Marketing journey.
Top Online Courses to Learn Affiliate Marketing
For better clarity, we are going to be looking at the different platforms and look at courses in those platforms. In some of the online learning platforms, there are multiple good courses for affiliate marketing available. So, I will be dealing with all those courses under the heading of the platform (e.g. Udemy).
So, here we go with the list.
#7 SKILLSHARE COURSES
Skillshare courses are free to take and you can take them at your convenience. There are many courses focusing on Affiliate marketing. Some give you the general idea and some are more specific (like Amazon affiliate program or eBay).
This platform is perfect for beginners who are new to Affiliate Marketing and wants a basic understanding of things. There are intermediate and expert level classes in Skillshare but none of them come with support. So, even though you can learn stuff on this platform, you are alone when you actually start Affiliate Marketing.
Skillshare is a great place to start your journey. Make use of their free courses to familiarize yourself with Affiliate Marketing and different areas of it. So, when you start looking for a paid course, you at least know what you want from it and whether it is worth it or not.
Pros and Cons of SKILLSHARE courses
- The courses here are free, so you can do as many as you want.
- You can do it at your own pace, no pressure.
- Classes are taken by people with experience, so they know what they are talking about.
- You get assignments to practice what you have learned.
- It is not a platform where you can gain complete knowledge of Affiliate Marketing.
- Individuals cover many different topics and by the time you are through a few courses, you might be confused about which path to go.
- There is no support. Some teachers respond in the discussion section but that’s about it.
Udemy is a go-to online platform for people these days if they want to upgrade or learn a new skill. It has only of the largest collection of courses across various fields that you can choose from. They have some of the best online courses on the topic of Affiliate Marketing as well.
Udemy courses are not free. You need to pay per course and you get access to that course for a lifetime. The prices are very affordable though. They are announcing offers now and then as well.
Once you purchase a course you can finish it at your own pace. Many teachers here provide activities and resources to aid your learning. There is a certification available for the courses. This will help you if you want to use this qualification to get a job (or promotion) rather than simply starting a business on your own.
- Udemy has great courses at affordable prices.
- Learn the courses at your own pace and convenience.
- Get a certificate upon completion of a course.
- Downloadable resources are given by many teachers.
- There is no support. Some teachers respond in the Q&A section but that’s about it.
- You have to pay for individual courses. It does not have a subscription model of enrolment.
#5 SUPER AFFILIATE SYSTEM
This course is created by John Crestani, who is well known in the space of affiliate marketing. He has been featured in Forbes Inc, Yahoo Finance, and more. He is an expert in the field of affiliate marketing and that shows in how comprehensive and informative this course is.
The course material is of 50 hours and the training is stretched through 12 weeks. It covers many key topics in detail like Facebook Ads, Native Ads, Landing pages, and more. You get many practical resources to get started as well. It is definitely one of the most comprehensive courses out there.
- A comprehensive course covering all aspects of Affiliate Marketing.
- Great training on Facebook ads.
- You can ask questions and clear your doubts on weekly Q&Q calls.
- The course is priced at $997, which is costly.
- No support or private forums for active discussion.
#4 SAVAGE AFFILIATES
Savage Affiliates is a course created by Franklin Hatchett, who earns millions using Affiliate Marketing and e-commerce. He gives valuable content to his audience through his YouTube and blog. So, you can be assured that this course is packed with a great deal of useful information for you.
He discusses everything from how to pick a niche (and what not to pick) to how to deal with your tax for income arising from this business. All of this packed into a course length of 31 hours. It has everything you need to know about affiliate marketing.
The course is priced at $197, which is justified for the value he provides.
- The price of the course is reasonable.
- You get access to a private Facebook group, where you can interact with fellow trainees.
- Amazing niche training. (this is important because choosing the niche is sometimes the hardest task for beginners)
- The coach tells you a lot about how he uses affiliate marketing to make money.
- He focuses on him as an example and does not give other examples.
- Some modules are unorganized.
#3 DARE TO CONQUER
Earlier known as Billionaire Blogging Club, Dare to Conquer is a platform where people can learn how to make money through Affiliate Marketing. It started as a project by Paul Scrivs, who wanted to form a group of bloggers and help them earn a billion dollars collectively.
He is a veteran blogger who has made his income through blogging and affiliate marketing. When he tried to help these bloggers to make money, he started figuring out the areas where people particularly struggled and evolved his teaching to help them.
The result was this power-packed course. You opt into this course as a one-time membership and you can access it for a lifetime. The courses are delivered via video content and prompt that require action. The course keeps updating based on current trends and you don’t have to pay anything extra to access these.
- Thorough and up-to-date course.
- You get to be a part of an engaging community.
- You get great advice from a successful blogger.
- The price of membership keeps increasing.
- If you want to benefit from this course, you should start running your business alongside and this takes serious time and effort from your side.
- It uses Slack for networking which not everyone might be comfortable with.
Affilorama is a website that gives affiliate marketing training to people to kick off their online business. Founded by Mark Ling, a successful affiliate marketer and coach, in 2006 the website has won an award for its service. Today, it is one of the biggest training platforms for affiliate marketing.
Using video lessons, tutorial articles, and blog posts, Affilorama will teach you to build a profitable affiliate marketing business step-by-step. The platform provides you with support from an active online forum.
There is both paid and free membership. But, if your goal is only to learn about Affiliate Marketing, Affilorama’s free membership will be enough for you. Here is what you get for your free membership:
- A quick-start guide to affiliate marketing
- 120 video lessons
- A downloadable roadmap to success.
Their premium membership does not provide much more in terms of training. Rather it gives you the tools required to run an affiliate business. You can choose whether or not to stay on the platform after taking its training.
- Their free membership is a steal for anyone wanting to learn from basics about affiliate marketing. They provide free lessons, articles, videos, and downloadable roadmap for success.
- Some free tools are provided with free membership.
- They have help and support center to aid you in the process.
- The course content contains some out-dated information but it is a very tiny fraction of it.
- The overall content in a mix of different quality of content and cannot be all called top-notch.
#1 WEALTHY AFFILIATE
Wealthy affiliate is a whole package a beginner needs to get started with affiliate marketing. You can learn what is affiliate marketing, host websites, buy domains, and get affiliate programs all in one place. That is what makes it perfect for beginners.
Once you sign up with them, they teach you how to start and build an affiliate marketing business from scratch through weekly Live Video Training, tutorials, Q&A, premium course lessons, 1-on-1 coaching, and support. There is also a community where you can interact with fellow affiliate marketers and have your doubts cleared. After you have understood what is affiliate marketing and how to make money out of it, they provide you with all the tools you need to start making money as an affiliate marketer.
There are two options for you: Free membership and premium membership. The free membership gives you access to a lot of learning material and also a bunch of tools enough to get you started. You can start creating and running an Affiliate website using the free membership.
The premium membership of Wealthy Affiliate is the whole package you need to run your affiliate business. All the tools you will ever need are a part of its premium membership. It comes with a lot more learning materials, webinars, and support. It costs about $49 a month.
Users have the option to go yearly which is currently $495
Start with the free membership and upgrade if you like the platform.
- 59% off your first month of training
- Free membership with a lot of learning materials and even tools.
- Lifetime access to Starter Membership & 2 free websites
- 1-on-1 coaching & community support
- 24/7 support for your learning and business.
- One platform for everything you need for your Affiliate Business.
- Weekly live video training every Friday
- SEO training, PPC training, Social media training, site building, marketing and more
- 24/7 website support and monitoring
- Free SSL Security, free website backup, free website hosting
- Free website transfer for those who request it
- SiteSpeed Extreme – Blazing fast website load time 1.9 seconds load time
- The premium membership can be a little pricey for some ($49 a month)
- The platform can be overwhelming for new students
That’s all for the top courses to learn affiliate marketing. I hope you find it useful.